Service & Support



Onsite or factory Product Support:

We are always just a phone call away from helping you with your repairs and spares requirements. 01476 590790 (option 2 and 3)
Our dedicated and specialist mechanics are able to provide professional repairs to your crusher and ensure that you quickly get your crusher back out and crushing again as quickly as possible.
You can rest assured we use only genuine parts fitted by our factory trained Rhino engineers.
Why not take advantage of a special rates and send your crusher over to the factory for a service and inspection.
Red Rhino recommends a Red Rhino performed health check on all crushers

Please contact:




Do i need a permit to Crush?

Do I need to apply for a permit or register an exemption?
If you are storing or treating waste and your activity is listed in Schedule 3 of the Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) then you may not require a permit but you will have to register an exemption.
If your activity is not exempt then you will require an environmental permit.
The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 say that most activities to manage waste should have a permit. However, there are some exceptions.

These are called exemptions.

Exemptions are waste operations that do not need a permit but do need to be registered.
Waste operations which are exempt and conform to T3, T7 orT22 need to be registered with the Local Authority.
(T3 is treatment of metals (degreasing) T22 is treatment of animal waste not for human consumption)

Treatment of waste bricks, tiles and concrete by crushing, grinding or reducing in size
Specified waste below

Codes Waste Types
170101 Concrete
170102 Bricks
170103 Tiles and ceramics
170107 Mixture of concrete,bricks,tiles and ceramics (other than those mentioned in 170106)

The Following conditions apply
The total quantity of waste treated over any period of 1 hour does not exceed 20 tonnes.
The total quantity of waste stored at any one time does not exceed 200 tonnes.
The waste is stored in a secure place prior to treatment.
The treatment is carried on at the place of production or at a place where the treated waste is to be used.
The registration is with the local authority in whose area you have your principal place of business and they should supply the details for registration

If you cannot meet the requirements for an exemption then you require a standard permit
Applying for a standard permit for Mobile Plant
You can apply for a standard permit if you can comply with the standard rules and meet the following risk criteria:
• The wastes treated are those listed within the rules.
• The mobile plant is used only for the purposes of sorting, separation, screening, crushing and blending of waste for recovery as a soil, soil substitute or aggregate.
• No more than 5,000 tonnes of imported wastes shall be stored on site at any one time and shall be stored for no longer than 6 months prior to use on the site.
The activities shall not be within:
• 10 metres of a watercourse;
• 50 metres of any spring or well, or of any borehole not used to supply water for domestic or food production purposes, and
• 50 metres of any well, spring or borehole used for the supply of water for human consumption. This must include private water supplies.

These standard rules may be used to treat waste at the place where it is produced or at the place where the waste is to be used. This allows its use on temporary sites of construction or demolition in England and Wales to produce soil, soil substitutes or aggregate from specified wastes produced on the site or from specified wastes brought to the site for use on that site after treatment.